This week, visit the River Whey Creamery booth to get
ingredients for this easy, and delicious treat!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 3 Tarts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, dust it lightly with flour and set aside.
- Place three of the puff pastry rectangles onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place one teaspoon full of the cajeta, one ounce of the cheese, and one or two slices of the green apple in the center of each of the pastry rectangles; leave at least a ½ inch border around the edge.
- Dip your finger in water and moisten the ½ inch edge around the pastry rectangles.
- Place the three remaining puff pastry rectangles on top of the filled pastry and, pressing with a fork, crimp the edges closed on all four sides.
- Place the sheet tray with the pastry into the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden-brown-and-delicious! (G-B-D)
- Remove the sheet from the oven and let the pastry cool for 5 minutes.
Serve warm, by itself, drizzled with chocolate sauce,
more Cajeta, or with vanilla ice cream!